Thursday, April 28, 2016

First Email!!!


Hey everyone! Just so you know, I'm not dead and I've been handling the business of the MTC quite well. Thank you to everyone who has been sending me the Dear Elder letters. It's been awesome seeing all of the love and support that everyone has been giving me, while I go and prepare to serve the Lord. Until I leave the MTC, my preparation day will be Thursday, so expect a weekly e-mail on that day

Now...on to what you've all been waiting for, what have I been up to? Well, it was a tearful goodbye to my family last Wednesday and I miss them with all of my heart, but I know that this is where I'm needed.  After walking into the doors of the MTC building, I received my missionary tag and some essential items that I needed, while I'm staying at the MTC.  Then it was off to study! The day's have been a blur as we dove into the scriptures. My companion at the MTC is Elder Halsey.  He has moved around a lot, because his dad is in the military, but he's here with me now doing the Lord's work! So far I've been loving my district and zone. They all have the spirit with them and we're like a big family. Living here has been like a dorm environment with food being made for us, which isn't terrible, but the buildings could have been numbered better. 

One thing that I wasn't expecting from the MTC is that we teach actual investigators here as part of a TRC program. Some of them are members and some are investigators, but we aren't told who is who. To be able to really teach the gospel to people who need to hear it has been an amazing blessing while being here. I've felt the spirit touch their hearts and I know when I get out into the field, it's going to be that much more amazing. 

We had the privilege of having Elder Dallin H. Oaks come speak to us on Tuesday.  His talk was on the Preach My Gospel book.  Listening to him, the spirit really spoke to me of it's importance.  One final note is that during my Branch Presidency meeting, one of the counselors told me that I was already a great missionary and he wished that I could have been a missionary for him, when he was a mission president.  I'm so grateful for all of the love and support from everyone.  I know that these next two years aren't going to be the best years of my life, but the best years FOR my life. I can't wait to share more of what I've learned, next week. Till then, God be with you till we meet again!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment