Monday, September 11, 2017

I Love This Gospel and it is Truly the Way to Real Lasting Happiness!


Hello Everyone! Well this week was super, super, super hectic. I will try to hit all the main points. So, this week Elder Kershaw had to go to the John Hopkins Medical Center down in Baltimore.  Sister Christiansen, our Mission President's wife, offered to take us to the National Aquarium! She let us in and had to leave, but it was a ton of fun seeing all of the fish and different animals! It was super neat! Probably one of the coolest animals they had was a Sand Tiger Shark and a mini Hammer Head shark. I also got to pet a jellyfish! After the aquarium, we were picked up by Elder and Sister Hyde, a senior missionary couple.  They took us to the doctor appointment (which lasted for 4 hours, ugh! Long wait.) We ate out at the Shake Shack, afterwards!
The next day Elder Kershaw went to the temple with Elder Nielsen and recent convert of theirs, so I was left to run our District Meeting and try to get things done. The next day I was sick in bed all day and the rest of the week I have been trying to get over it, but nevertheless, it was a crazy week.
We did go to Shady Maple this morning! It was super good and we had a blast! Those Amish sure know how to make good food.  Yeah, that was pretty much our whole week. Elder Kershaw is being transferred this week. My new companion is Elder Reed. He will have been out in the field for either 6 weeks or 12 weeks. So, he will be the youngest companion that I have ever served with. I love this area still!
Lately, I have reflected on the spiritual growth that I have seen in myself and others and on the relationship that I have built with my Savior and Father in Heaven. I swell with immense emotions of gratitude and praise for what They have given me. I love this Gospel and it is truly the way to real lasting happiness. I hope you remember this and have a great week!
Sister Christensen

The National Aquarium!





























Elder and Sister Hyde at the Shake Shack!

Shady Maple!



Mom Note: Sister Christensen sent these last two pictures to me in a text that said,
"We love these Elders!"
It always makes my day to get surprise pictures of my missionary!



No comments:

Post a Comment