Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Welcome Home - Elder Austin Ainsworth!


Hello Everyone! This has been one of the craziest weeks! Last Tuesday was my final day to proselyte as a full-time missionary and it was also my last District Meeting. It was a great way to end the day, by seeing Joe and teaching him in a member’s home, as well as seeing Michael and Michelle! They are doing so good and are such a great couple!
Wednesday was the big day! It was transfers! I saw most of my companions, before heading off with Elder Fisher, Sister Degraffenried and Hermana Ward. We were with President Christiansen the whole day! We stopped at mission BBQ and ate a great meal, then drove through Delaware to Philadelphia.  We visited the temple, as well as historic sites like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. We met with the Philadelphia Temple President afterwards and he gave us some advice on what we can do when we return home. I really enjoyed seeing the beautiful temple and feeling the spirit that is there.
That night, we got home late and never went to sleep!  We had a quick devotional with the Christiansen's, before heading off to the airport! A 4-hour flight later and I was able to see my family for the first time in two years. It was such an amazing day! It's moments like these that make me think what it will be like when we return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that the family is so important. It's these relationships that will carry us, even through the difficult times. On Friday, I spent time with the family attending the Jordan River Temple open house.  I also had the opportunity to talk with Joe right after his baptism on Saturday. He was so happy! Sunday, I gave my homecoming talk in my home ward and it was good.  I appreciated everyone who came that day.  It was awesome!
It's definitely been a weird adjustment being home, but I still feel my Father in Heaven close by cheering me on, as I move forward in this new phase of life. Thank you so much for all the support that you have given me. It's helped me tremendously. I hope that the mission experiences I have shared over the past two years has helped you, as well.  Again, thank you so much! 
My mission funeral! 




Philadelphia Temple


Final pictures of transfers!



Mission BBQ


Liberty Bell

Independence Hall

The Airport!








Hermana Ward and Sister Degraffenried

I'm home!

Meeting with President Hogge to be released.

Taking off the tag was pretty emotional.

Jordan River Temple Open House!


Homecoming Sunday

Elder Worsham!

Mission Plaque





No comments:

Post a Comment