Monday, October 24, 2016

This Truly Is The Gospel of Happiness!


Hello everyone! I hope this week has been great! Things have still been really slow over here. We have found a few potentials last week, but they haven't been home during the times that we have stopped by to visit them. We have 2 investigators that we are teaching here. Jordan, who is wanting to take things a little slower before he gets baptized (but he did come to church yesterday!!!!) and Patrick, who is a young father with some Word of Wisdom issues. We have taught Patrick almost all the lessons at this point and he is on the fence about joining the Catholic church or ours. The last time we went to visit him, he seemed super out of it. We are worried for him, so I hope everything is ok. We did an HQ referral; I believe it was last week? I don’t know, since time flies by super quick.  From the looks of it, he is Jewish.  Elder Dyer and his previous companion actually knocked on his door once. So, it's been interesting trying to see him.
We are still loving the car! We got the car from another set of missionaries and they used up a lot of the miles, so right now we can’t drive it that much until next month. Some fun things that have happened this week, is that we did service at an immigration center place.  We helped paint some stuff and organize things for them. We had some other missionaries with us, so it was pretty fun! I did lose my little key chain oil capsule. I think it fell out at that place, since I haven't been able to find it. Finally, I had a blast eating with the Wainwrights! They are such an awesome family!
I'm super grateful for this gospel. Yesterday, we were able to give our recent convert Tony, the Melchizedek Priesthood! I have really reflected on the blessings that have come into his family and the struggles that they have went through. I know this gospel can help us in our life, with handling the challenges that inevitably come. This truly is the gospel of happiness and I’m soooooo glad to be able to be with my family forever. I hope you have a great week!
The condition of my shoes at 6 months.


A tree that is sorta near our place. It was super pretty!

A weird semi truck thing we found.

Pictures from Bro. Wainright, "And it was good.
Glad to be able to have these two young men in our home."

"The chocolate milk challenge with these two great men!
Stick the milk in the freezer till you get a crust around the top.
Insanely delicious!"




No comments:

Post a Comment