Monday, October 23, 2017

It's Fun To Be Back In Maryland!


This week was transfers! It was pretty weird leaving Ephrata and going to a new city. It's pretty suburban, so it’s not as country as my last two areas have been. I'm super close to the mission home and office.  President Christiansen's house is not too far from us, either. Elder Worsham is going home! I will be his final companion, it's been pretty fun being around him. He is from West Jordan, Utah.  I'm actually in a trio! So, my other companion is Elder Apgood, who has been out for 6 weeks and is from Payson, Utah. They are both super fun to be around.
I thought I was inadequate as a District Leader, but that's been easily eclipsed by how I feel about being a Zone Leader. There is a lot more responsibility with this calling. We just had a meeting with some stake high councilors last night about the missionary work in the zone. Plus, I have a lot more meetings coming up and a lot more leadership stuff. Really, it's just been stressful not knowing what to do. Elder Worsham has been doing this for a few transfers, so he has been helping.
I'm still trying to get my bearings and figure out who the people are, but the area is doing pretty well. We have a couple of investigators who are really cool and even one that is getting close to baptism! It's been a super hectic week. We have done lots of service with the Salvation Army, helping members, and even driving new cars for the mission! (which was super fun and cool by-the-way). The little bit of free time that we have had from meetings, we have been out trying to visit people. We had a really cool street contact with this guy, Will! He was super open to what we had to say and was very willing for us to come back! We are expecting good things from him! It's been fun to be back in Maryland and see old friends. I hope you have a good week!



My Last Zone!
We took some pictures together before transfers.




My last district, as a district leader.



The front of the mission office. 


Test driving the new 2017 Nissan Altima's for the mission.
I drove one. Oh man. So fun! 

Fall picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment