Monday, May 16, 2016

First Week in Pennsylvania!


Salutations Everyone!

I hope your week has gone well!  Mine has, because I was able to fly out to Pennsylvania last week!  The area is super gorgeous and the people here are really friendly and kind!  My first area is Carlisle.  My very first in the field companion is Elder Gray.  He's awesome and has been training me well.  My apartment is nice and so is my car.  I can't complain about anything here because it's super gorgeous! Actually, it's super humid here and it's cloudy almost all of the time.  But I'm ok with the clouds. 

No baptism yet, but there are some fairly recent converts and one little girl getting baptized soon. The work is going well here!  Teaching real people about the restored gospel in their homes is super cool and I've definitely had some moments when the spirit was really strong.  One fun mission story that I have already is about how a cop stopped Elder Gray and I when we were out walking around and asked us if we had a solicitation certificate.  We didn't, so he "politely" told us we needed one.

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He knows and loves us perfectly and completely.  I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Elder Gray and me when we first learned we were companions!

This is on our fridge. I thought it was pretty funny! 

Just what one of the houses looks like here! It's a really pretty area!

 This a really cool plant that grows out here that looks like a heart!!!!

An ice custard shop. It's pretty good! Not too shabby.

The girl in the middle is getting baptized June 11th.
I got here just in time to prepare her even more for baptism!!!

Dino nuggets, ice cream, barbecue and hot sauce. This was a fun dinner!!
I have some videos on this dinner coming soon!

This is when I'm writing in my journal.
I also have a new blanket to wear around the apartment!

A dead rabbit we found while tracking!!!!

 This is a cool church building! These buildings are everywhere here!!!

The view from my apartment!

I have some videos I'd like to send you all!
I will try to send them at some point during the day!
I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment