Monday, June 13, 2016

Things in Pennsylvania have been awesome!

Hello, everyone! The weeks keep flying by faster and faster! I have had a super great week! Me and my companion are getting along very well! I'd say we are pretty good friends now.
There is a 12-year-old girl that we have been teaching for a while now and she was finally baptized 2 days ago!!!!  It was super cool to see all of the people who showed up to support her and the decision she has made. The spirit was definitely there and I couldn't stop smiling the whole time!  She was baptized by Matt, who was also recently baptized about the time I was getting ready to ship out from the MTC.  He received the priesthood a few weeks ago and has now baptized someone!
I was recently at a zone conference where we receive inspired training from the Mission President and the Assistants to the President. While we were there, we were given 2 new pamphlets to use out in the field!  One is on what goes on at church and the other is about families and temples.  They are super cool and I have loved using them!  I have also been on two exchanges where I go to another area in my zone and switch companions for the day, as well as stay at their apartment for the day.  It's a way for the district leader to see how each of us is doing and how the work has been progressing.  It's been super cool!  While I was on exchanges, this guy named Johnny Joe came with us and he is a recent convert.  All of our appointments had fallen through, so he went and gathered some kids together.  We taught a lesson to a group of kids!  One of the kids then asked if they could come to church, so Johnny Joe went to talk to their parents.  They said yes and they want to be taught the gospel!  Elder Perry and I were flipping out because we didn't think it was going to work!  It was a very cool experience!
The Lord has truly been with me and my companion, recently.  Because of our efforts to find those to teach, we have been able to find more people who are willing to hear our message!  We had a “Meet the Mormons” movie night last week and one of the members brought her friend to it!  This friend came to sacrament meeting yesterday and we are now meeting her today for a lesson!  I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands.  I have the greatest front row seat ever with the amazing experience of seeing entire lives change, by trying to follow the example that Jesus Christ has set for us.  Though we are not perfect, with Jesus we can be perfect.  I know this work is true and that the power of conversion is a real thing!  I have seen people change their habits and attitude about life because of it!  I hope all of you have had a great week!
 She was soooooo excited to get baptized!

 I love teaching this family!

The spirit was definitely present for this joyous occasion!

I love this family and I have had so many cool experiences teaching them!

 Filling up the baptismal font for the first time!

Chambersburg Zone

 This is the house where the Declaration of Independence was charted.
This company didn't know until half way tearing it down. So now it's half a house! :)

 Thought I would have some fun with my hair.

 I found this while tracting and thought it was pretty funny!

This was a pretty bridge we drove by!

While I was on exchanges I had to pull a lawn mower out of this guys storage unit.
As you can see it was mess so it was really hard to pull it out!
We just finished playing an intense game of volley ball. I'm pretty pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment