Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Do Things the Lord's Way!


Hello Everybody! I have only a very short time to email today, since I will be going into Baltimore later this afternoon to play volley ball. Elder Dyer and I are getting along fine, he's pretty laid back like me, so our personalities are meshing well. Nothing really funny or strange has happened this week, that I can think of at the moment, umm I guess that yesterday I stepped on a frog by accident.  That was pretty weird, ha ha! 

We have been mostly street contacting (talking with people on the street or knocking doors) and visiting with less active members, which we haven't met a less active family yet that is willing to talk to us. The work is hard, but we have found this really cool new investigator, Jordan! He is 14 and is really interested in the Gospel. It will be really cool to see where he goes!

Saturday and Sunday, we had the opportunity to have Elder Robert C. Gay of the Seventy come and speak to us! It was really cool! The things that he talked to us about, changed my entire outlook on my mission, as well as my life. I know now that we need to extend the invite to baptize in order to open the windows of heaven to our investigators and that the blessings we receive from it, will not only bless us, but our families as well. Elder Gay talked about some of the hard trials that he has had in his life.  In raising 3 kids with his wife, while they had no money and the hardships of opening an area of a mission. He was also able to speak to Elder Howard W. Hunter when he was an apostle and he said that the thing that has changed and blessed his life was TO DO THINGS THE LORD’S WAY.  I know that we all have things that we need to work on, but as long as we do things the Lord’s way, it will all work out. He knows us and wants what is best for us. 

What is going to be even more awesome, is that Elder Oaks is going to visit our mission this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I get to see him twice, within a five month period! That's super crazy! I'm so excited to hear what he has to say to us. I hope that your week goes well!


This was a Lambo that we found!  Super cool!

Having way too much fun with the sunglasses.

We found this awesome pier that overlooks the
Chesapeake Bay!



Conference with Elder Robert C. Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment