Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I'm OK!


Some of you may or may not have heard, but I was involved in a car accident a few days ago. First off, I am alright. There was nothing serious with the injuries that I have taken. I did hit my head against the seat belt thing, but there isn't even a bruise there. I'm just really sore and have had a constant headache for a few days. We were passing a busy intersection and a car made a space for us to go through. Elder Dyer was driving and he started going through the intersection.  As we were going through, a car came and hit us close to the passenger side wheel area. It was within a few feet from where I was sitting. The ambulance showed up, they checked me over and felt that I needed to go to the hospital to make sure nothing serious had happened. Everyone was ok in the other car. I asked about them a lot. I was the only one that needed to go to the hospital. It was kinda weird being in the ambulance.  It was a long time spent in the hospital, as they checked on me, but I'm ok! I don't even have a concussion! I know the Lord was there and it could have been a lot worse than it was.
The next day, however, I was able to shake hands with Elder Oaks who is an apostle from our church. It was really cool! He talked to us about recognizing the spirit and how to help investigators keep commitments. He gave some great remarks about missionary work and we even had a Q/A session with him. What impressed me the most was how funny he is! He said some pretty funny jokes.  Ha! Ha! But seriously, it was a really cool experience. I will definitely try to have the spirit with me more while we go and do the Lord's work.
Even though I have been going through some trials right now, I know that the Lord has been there with me every step of the way. I hope all of you have a great week!


Elder Stergeon who is the car coordinator for our mission picked us up
at the hospital and took us to Burger King afterwards to eat some dinner.

Last week in Baltimore for Preparation Day.

I saw this sign in Baltimore and totally had to take a picture.  Super gross!

Our apartment is pretty tiny, but it's a missionary apartment,
so I guess what can ya do!










No comments:

Post a Comment