Monday, November 21, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hello everyone! I hope you had a great week thus far! Transfers are this week and I will be staying in the Susquehanna area! Elder Dyer will be leaving and I will be getting a new companion, Elder Coumbs! He is a District Leader, so my track record of having district leader companions is still going strong!
We will be meeting with Jordan later tonight. It's been hard lately to get in to see him, but it's looking good at the moment. We also found a new investigator, Obeng! He was a media referral and he's interested! He's from Guana and is here in America, for schooling. We will be teaching him later tonight, as well.
Since it is Thanksgiving this week, I would like to say that I'm thankful for this opportunity to serve a mission. I have learned so much and seeing the joy that comes into people’s lives has been amazing. Prayer has been an anchor for me lately. I am super grateful for the love and comfort Heavenly Father has for me. I'm also grateful for my family and all the hard work and sacrifice that they give, for me to be out here. I have truly come to love my family like never before.  I hope that when you spend time with your family this week, you can remember all the blessings that our Father in Heaven has given us. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
This past Wednesday was MLC. I stayed with the Cheseapake Elder, Elder Head, for the day.
While I was there, I made my Dad's fluffy eggs! They turned out ok.

We also made this Salmon Patty mix.  They weren't bad!


Yep, they were really good! I will keep that recipe in mind!

This was the huge bag pile of leaves from the last time we helped and this time!

Had to get my picture with the chicken pot pies.

These pot pies are super good! It was a real treat being able to eat them!

Text to Elder Ainsworth's mom states: "These guys are all my faves!
They came back to assist with the leaf raking job and had chicken pot pie for lunch--
a Wainwright favorite!  Oh, and our friend Aurora was babysitting next door
and stopped by too!"

This was the linger longer we had at the church!
The bulletin boards had baby pictures pinned to them.
No one guessed who I was.  It was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment