Monday, May 8, 2017

The New Area That I'm Going To Is...


Hello Everyone!
I hope you have had a great week.  The weather here has been pretty rainy lately, but mostly staying in the 70's. The worst is yet to come! I'm not looking forward to another Maryland summer! UGH. Well I guess it won't be Maryland anymore... I’m officially being transferred!!! So is Elder Fisher.  It's been very stressful trying to make sure we are saying goodbye to everyone and leaving enough notes, tips, etc… for the new missionaries coming in a few days. I'm ok with leaving this area, but what is really getting me is the district I'm leaving and the new area I’m going to.
The new area that I’m going to is McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania! Which is pretty cool, considering the fact that when I was in Carlisle, a year ago, I actually went to McConnellsburg on exchanges! Unfortunately, I will not be in the same district as Carlisle, so I will not be seeing Tabitha and Nadia again. :( Hopefully I’m there for a stake conference, so I can see them again. I will be so close to them!!! Agh!  My big worry, however, is that when I was there on exchanges, the area is really, really, really hard to proselyte in. It's so small! I could probably knock every door there in about 2 weeks, if I wanted too. I will be with Elder Harvey and I'm pretty sure he hasn't been in the mission for that long, so I will be the experienced companion. This will be the first time, since I have been on the mission. I know that the Lord needs me there, I've prayed about it and I will learn and bless others. I'm just scared. McConnellsburg is isolated. I won't see any missionaries except on Tuesday at District Meeting. I will be alone, but I think it's going to be ok. I'm definitely working with the Lord on this one. Prayer is amazing! Thanks for all the love and support. Have a great week!
I am wearing a very stylish and attractive hat!

Seriously, I love this district! Gah!  I'm going to miss everyone!

Early this week we did service and found a Pooh bear costume!
So obviously, we took a lot of silly pictures with it!




We made Mother's Day cards with a member!  She does scrapbooks for a living.
My card looks awesome!  Way better than a store bought card. 
I will show pictures next week, but I can't have my mom seeing it early! ;)

Earlier today, we made tie-dye district shirts!  They won't be ready until next week.



This is the stencil that we used.














No comments:

Post a Comment