Monday, July 18, 2016

Change Is In The Air!


Hello Everyone! I hope you have had a great week! My week has been very good so far. We have another investigator with a baptismal date!!! His name is Caden and he has been taught by the missionaries before, but he had to move to Florida for school. He is back for the summer and we have been able to teach him. He has a very strong testimony and he already wears a CTR ring!!! He will be a great member of the church! 
We were able to teach a lot more people during the week, so that was really cool! I also had the opportunity to lead out our area for the first time, when my companion went on exchanges. It was super scary, but I know the Lord is helping me with this new challenge. We also had transfers calls the other day. A transfer call lets us know whether or not we will be moving to a different area. In a few days, Elder Gray will no longer be my companion. He will be serving the remainder of his mission in the middle of Baltimore! That's pretty exciting! I'm gonna miss him a lot and he is a great example to me of what being an amazing missionary is all about.
One crazy story from this week happened when Elder Gray and I were coming home late and had to walk home.  As we were walking down the street, Elder Gray waved to this guy from across the street, because we overheard him talking about us. He ends up crossing the street and was almost hit by a car.  He said that he didn't care, so that seemed really weird. He was pretty intoxicated, which wasn't a good sign either. Long story short, he was bashing us and saying how wrong we were and all that stuff. The crazy part was that he was Satanist, so that was really an awkward situation. As we kept trying to leave, he was getting frustrated and it got pretty scary at one point. Thankfully, we were able to walk away from him without any harm. What this experience taught me, is to always be ready to stand up for what we believe in. I have come to know for myself, the truth of the message that we share.  Even though there are others who are not willing to hear it, I know that it has a real power to change the lives of those who are willing to hear. I hope all of you have a great week!
This was a surprise gift from my family!  These towels help us fight the heat! 

This is us wearing them like weirdos. 

Us right after our awesome lesson with Bruce!

Here is a cool mural that we found.


Studying the word with Elder Gray.



This was a cool sign that we found. We enjoyed it!

Here is some sushi I had today!  It was super cheap also! 

All of us out eating sushi!!!  It was super fun!

This was a special sushi that a Sister ordered and it was huge!!!

Elder Gray having fun with chopsticks.

Doctor Who scripture case that a member made for me. It's super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment