Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Lord Has Truly Been Blessing Our Efforts

Hello Everybody! Things have been going really well in our area! We had exchanges last week with the Zone Leaders in our area. It was a ton of fun. They are definitely my favorite Zone Leaders so far. While I was in Chambersburg, Elder Harvey was in McConnellsburg and while they were out and about, they found another investigator! Woohoo! I was able to meet her and teach her on Saturday, as well. Her name is Adena (I have no clue how to spell it) and she is an older lady who is Methodist. She is interested in studying the Book of Mormon, so hopefully it all works out!

Melony and Lucille have had lots of medical problems this week, with Lucille needing to be in the hospital multiple times. We weren't able to meet with them, but we are hoping that the issues are resolved, so we can meet with them. They are still super cool! While we were out tracting this week, Elder Harvey and I took our map of the area and stuck it in our car, so that we could better find places to go. We went to the far right corner of our area and while we were tracking in a small town, we ran into Nathan! He is 17 and was interested in our message. We are hoping to see him again this week and hopefully teach his family! Lots of really cool things are happening here! 

I forgot to write last week about how I gave my first baptismal interview to the son of a returning less active mom. It was a cool experience and it reminded me a lot about Tabitha and Nadia. I sure hope they keep to the Gospel! The previous week we saw Melony again and taught her the Plan of Salvation! She took a lot of comfort from it and even offered the closing prayer! She hadn't prayed publicly for a long time! The spirit was strong as she prayed for her family and she was even overcome with emotion. As hard as it has been to stay productive, the Lord has truly been blessing our efforts.

One of my favorite quotes that I have heard recently is from Joseph Smith, "a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation." I have truly felt the refiners fire here on the mission. The Lord truly prepares us in ways that seem hard to us, but are ultimately needed in His plan. I promise you that if you live the gospel and strive to truly know our Savior that He will not forsake you. I have a testimony of this and have felt the power of His redeeming love more fully in my life than ever before. This Church is true, there is no earthly evidence, no knowledge from man that can disprove this church and the rock that it is built upon. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, that Joseph Smith is His prophet, called forth in these Latter Days to restore His church. God speaks today and has not forgotten His people. I hope you have a great week!!!

Out and about

A super funny Star Wars picture I found in the Zone Leader's apartment!

Chopping down weeds with a machete! Pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment